Book your exam online or at one of our offices and access our free preparation materials today.
When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course 'Road to IELTS Last Minute course', which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities etc.)
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
You can take your test at one of our official test centres on paper or on a computer. All you need is a valid identification document and a bank card if you want to pay online.
Tests we offer
|Test type||Fee (DZD)||Booking link|
|IELTS Academic - on paper or computer||34000||Book now
|IELTS General Training - on paper or computer||34000||Book now|
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)||34000||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||28500||Book now
What you need to book
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID (passport or national ID card) at hand when you book your test. Please note you will have to present the same passport or national ID that you use for registration on test day. Different, invalid or expired passport or national ID card will not be accepted, and you will not be allowed to sit the test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test: you can pay for your test via bank transfer or cash payment**. For cash payment please click here.
- Once you have made the payment, please send us the payment receipt to email@example.com, you will then receive an automatic confirmation.
**Please note that HSBC is accepting cash deposits at their level.
Pay for your test:
|Pay for your test|
|Method||IELTS STANDARD||IELTS FOR UKVI|
|** British Council does not accept cash for UKVI tests|
After you have booked your test
You will receive emails confirming:
- the start time of your test and the venue address
- your Speaking Test date
- your access to the free online preparation course Road to IELTS Last Minute Version.
More information about the test
Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results.
Get ready with our free preparation materials
Choose from a wide range of free preparation materials to get the IELTS score you need. You can prepare on the go with our practice apps, videos and online lessons. You can also take our free practice tests for IELTS on paper and computer.