The British Council is looking for dynamic and dedicated teachers and or fluent English language speakers to commence a teacher training and mentoring programme in order to work as a teacher at our new Teaching Centre.
Following the recent opening of the new Teaching Centre in Algiers the British Council has begun teaching operations with over 1000 students and continues to receive many enquiries and a strong interest from a wide range of students and organizations in the state, public, and private sectors.
|Salary||85,000.00 dzd gross before social security and tax deduction.|
|Duration||One year full time|
|Closing date||Sunday 08 July 2018|
The range of teaching activity provides an exciting opportunity for you the British Council teacher, and in addition, you will be provided the opportunity to participate in a wide range of events and activities in the field of arts, and society and development as part of British Council’s overall cultural relations mission.
You will be highly motivated and able to work on your own initiative as well as being part of the team in Algeria and a wider regional team across the Middle East and North Africa. You will have excellent communication and organisational skills and be able to plan your work to deliver high quality English lessons. You also need to have the CELTA certificate since only the teachers who have successfully passed the CELTA are eligible to apply for a teaching post with the British Council Algeria.
Please note that completing the CELTA does not guarantee a job with us; it is only a minimum requirement in our recruitment process. Applicants will need to pass successfully the interview and the demonstration lesson, which are part of our selection process. British Council is not involved in any step of the selection of the applicants for the CELTA course
This post will suit someone with previous teaching experience or fluency in English language and an interest to start a career as an English language teacher at the British Council.
How to apply
Role profile and application form for this post are available on our Facebook page and on our website under the section “About us / Job vacancies”. You can also email us Algeria.Information@britishcouncil.org to obtain a role description and application form.
Candidates must complete our application form to be considered for the post. (CVs will not be considered). Applications must be sent by e-mail to Algeria.Information@britishcouncil.org with the job position you are applying for in the subject line.
Closing Date: On-going
Shortlisted candidates only will be invited to an interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
British Council will refund successful candidates 30% of their CELTA fee at the end of the first year of their contract and the remaining 70% at the end of the second year as a full time teacher. This international qualification requires one month full time to complete.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and diversity. We encourage applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.
The United Kingdom’s international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations.
We are registered in England as a charity.